Re: [OM] om10 to start

Subject: Re: [OM] om10 to start
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 15:28:38 +0000
At 17:25 12/31/00 , Nicola wrote:
>hi everybody and happy new year
>i've bought an om10+zuiko50mm1.8,to start with this hobbie,
>all in perfect conditions;
>what do you think about this camera?
>NICOLA

Nicola,
The OM-10 and 50/1.8 was my first SLR purchased new 20 years ago.  It is a
little lighter than the "single digit" bodies but is durable and reliable.
It served me very well for two decades.  My camera bag was overflowing with
gear and I sold it about a year ago.  Sometimes I wish I hadn't.  It is a
great starter, and is compatible with all the Zuiko lenses and T-series
flashes.

The standard 50mm is still my preferred focal length . . . and IMO should
be the first lens for general photography.  It cannot do everything, but it
can do almost everything.  If you want to see what some of the list members
did in September 1999, restricted to 50-55mm standard lenses, see the ADITL
2 Gallery hosted by George Anderson here:
  http://www.whitneygallery.com/Olympus2/

Go forth and make photographs.  Although this list is very active, that's
what the gear is for . . . to make photographs.  I think you'll find the OM
system will give you much flexibility in acheiving your vision!

-- John