Re: [OM] Oly lenses for wide-field astrophotography

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly lenses for wide-field astrophotography
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 15:49:20 -0600
Thanks for the information, Chuck.  That book is $29.95 from Amazon.com.  It
is going on my birthday list (coming next month. Sigh.)

I received a book on astrophotography for Christmas and have learned a lot
from it (it will remain unnamed because of the author's annoying use of it
to constantly promote his own gadgets for sale.)  I had asked for Michael
Covington's book and in fact bought his myself to give to a friend.  It came
shrinkwrapped so I didn't get to read it myself before giving it away <g>.

Anyway, I'm very interested now that I have realized that some awesome
astrophotographs are done with relatively ordinary lenses, like I've got.
The main requirement is a tracking device which can be fabricated relatively
simply.  Interesting project.  Of course, I don't need any additional ways
to spend time. . .

Regards,
Gary Edwards

people, places, flight at: http://members.home.com/garyetx/index.htm