Re: [OM] Digital trends (LONG)

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital trends (LONG)
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 22:12:12 GMT
>Certainly there are lots of item I have missed, welcome for anyone's comment
>on or offlist.

C.H.,

One thing which is a major issue for me: obsolescence. How long with the
manufacturers continue to offer spares and repair for models which are
superceded as quickly as is the case in the digital field? I wouldn't want
to spend £1700 on an E-10 for this reason (as well as currently suffering
inadequate funds), though I well understand that others have either plenty
of dosh or can justify it on the grounds of using digital technology for
profit. Neither applies to me, so I'll stay with film.

Simon E.