Re: [OM] Everyone's opinion

Subject: Re: [OM] Everyone's opinion
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 11:23:58 -0700
At 12:41 AM 1/1/2001 -0700, Chris Stinson wrote:
>Hey,
>
>Thanks for everyone's opinions far. I really appreciate people taking the time
>to lend their expertise to a new guy.
>
>I ran across a couple cameras today, a 2s body for $400 cdn and a 4t for $550
>cdn. I also came across a zuiko 50mm f1.8 lens for $30 cdn. Prices good, bad?

For the 2s, bad price.  It had better be *mint* for that kind of price, *and*
have the flash-ready LED swap thrown in to boot.  And the film chamber door
oughta fit like a glove.

The 4T, good price, depending on condition.  If it's mint or excellent, and you
can determine it's working properly, buy it.  With judicious description
writing, at the very least you could re-sell it on eBay and make a profit.

Zuiko 50/1.8's are as common as snow in Edmonton in January.  McBain's usually
has a shelf full of 'em -- they probably use 'em as paperweights, hockey pucks,
etc.  If it's of recent manufacture and has flawless glass, cool.

>Also, I was wondering about the lenses being multicoated. *If* they are
>multicoated, will they usually have a green tint when held up to light?

The operative word being "usually."  Sometimes you need to keep switching your
specular light sources until you find one that allows you to actually see the
green reflection.  It may be very, very faint.

Garth