Re: [OM] OM-2N questions

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2N questions
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 16:23:53 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, c.e.packard wrote:

> I see your point Mark, but have to disagree.
> I have two OM-2n's and an OM-2 all three exhibit this behavior;
> With batteries, the switch on "AUTO" and the shutter speed ring set to
> "B" the shutter will stay open until (a) enough light has been recorded
> for a normal exposure or (b) the timer in the electornics automatically
> closes the shutter after about 2 1/2 minutes.  I do recall the list had
> a discussion last year about the length of time the shutter would stay
> open in the "B" setting while on "AUTO".  As I recall it was around 2 min
> 30 seconds as I stated above. I will check the archives to confirm.

I tried it on my 2n, I pointed it straight at a lamp and auto said the
correct exposure was 1/500.  I then set it to "B", pointed it to the lamp
and the shutter stayed open as long as the button was pressed.  Are you
saying that your OM-2n would have closed that shutter after 1/500's of a
second?
                                -mark