Re: [OM] other question

Subject: Re: [OM] other question
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 19:26:42 +0000
At 21:44 1/1/01, Nicola wrote:
hi everybody
after giving thanks to who responded to my mail(the first here)
i'd like someone to talk me about the zuiko 75-150 f4
and the 28mm f2,8(zuiko,of course)
in fact i want expand my gear with these lenses
thank you

p.s.:don't worry,my restricted budget don't let me to become a "zuikoholic"!

Along with an OM-10 and a 50mm f/1.8 F.Zuiko, my first two additional lenses were a 28mm f/3.5 and a 75-150 f/4. Add a Manual Adapter and T-20, and you have the setup I used for a long time. IMO the 28/2.8 is a better lens, if for no other reason than being 2/3 stop faster. Excellent condition samples of both can be found easily and should be relatively inexpensive.

It's a very good basic setup. I no longer have either of those lenses having replaced the 28/3.5 with a faster 24mm and the 75-150 with 85mm and 135mm primes. I don't use lenses shorter than the 24mm or longer than the 135mm very often.

One nice thing about the 75-150/4 is it's a constant aperture zoom. Wide open it's always f/4 regardless of the focal length setting. In spite of its length it is still light weight. The only two lighter Zuiko zooms are the 35-70/3.5~4.5 and 28-48/4 (not counting the pair of zooms made by Cosina).

-- John