Re: [OM] I must be very annoying already...but...4 vs. 4T?

Subject: Re: [OM] I must be very annoying already...but...4 vs. 4T?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 18:53:58 -0600
The OM-4 is a great camera, but prone to the battery drain problem.  The key
test is to turn it to battery test mode and let it beep.  If the beep shuts
itself off in 30 seconds or so, it has the 4T circuit.  That makes it a
much, much better buy.

Now if it was me, I wouldn't pay more than $250-300 for it.  Much more than
that and patience will find you a 4T for less than $400.

From: "Chris Stinson" <music4free@xxxxxxxx>

> I might be able to get ahold of an OM-4, (not a 4T) so I was wondering
what
> the consensus was on that camera?
>
> I read the FAQ at
> http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html and it
> looks pretty good (basically the same as the 4T with a few differences).
Of