[OM] Re: OM4T / mechanical 1/60 / prefire

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4T / mechanical 1/60 / prefire
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 07:37:30
John, if I correctly understand what you've described, the problem is that you pressed the shutter release button after setting the self-timer. Olympus SLRs are among the very few (only?) in which the self-timer has its own release mechanism (a tiny tab concealed beneath the self-timer lever on my OM-1). With most SLRs you set the self-timer, then press the shutter release button to begin the countdown. If you do this with the OMs the shutter will fire immediately. Every once in a while I forget this too, since I switch between OMs and Canons.
===
Lex
===

From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 17:52:32 -0800

...set the 12 second shutter delay prefire lever and pressed the shutter release thinking that I time to get into the picture before the shutter released...