Re: [OM] OM2sp flash questions

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2sp flash questions
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:23:47 +0100
: Question #1:  What I'd like to do is to mount the T32 on the camera
: pointed up a bit and hook up the T20 to the 5m cord plugged in to the
: socket on the front of the camera and mounted off to the side. Is this
: setup going to eat up batteries?

I can't imagine the number of flashes attached to the camera will influence
the drain (unless this number becomes zero, of course ;)

: Question #2:  There's no way to get a fill flash with this setup if the
: exposure calls for more than 1/60th sec. is there? I'd like to be able
: to fire the T20. Could I force a fire using slow film, neutral density
: filter, etc?

Of course - this will help to get the meter reading at 1/60 or slower.

: But does this make any sense?

IMHO TTL OTF flash (you do still follow me, don't you? ;) isn't the best
selection for fill-flash, because there is no control on the ambient light /
flash ratio. The OM-3Ti is the only OM body which gives additional control
of this ratio. With any other body you would me much better off switching
the camera to manual 1/60 and the flash(es) to Normal Auto or Manual. This
can also help reducing the drain - just connect the flash(es) with a
standard PC cord (and a PC cord splitter for multi-flash). Meter for ambient
light and make sure the flash underexposes with one ~ two stops.

hnz