Re: [OM] Tokina? Filters... (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Tokina? Filters... (long)
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:41:45 GMT
>> reasons for hefty price tags. I wonder who makes their filters?). Brands
>> such as B+W, Schneider, Leica et al have traded for a long time (at least in
>> the UK and, I believe, North America) on the idea that their products are
>> somehow better because they are German.
>
>Such philo-germanic feelings are surprising. If you have a problem
>with "German glass" buy Russian. ;-)

Hmmmm. BTW I never said I had a problem with German glass. I was using the
example of these brands in their past marketing strategy. Customers
_perceive_ the brands to be superior partly because the brands spend so much
telling the customer that they _are_. They may well be, but the marketing
works in that many people believe the hype without investigating the facts.

Simon E.