Re: [OM] Las Vegas New Year's Fireworks

Subject: Re: [OM] Las Vegas New Year's Fireworks
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 14:43:53 -0800
Kelton asks:

<< Did you dial in any + or -  compensation when using OTF on the OM4T?

Not intentionally. I did notice in putting the equipment back that the
exposure compensation dial on the OM-4T was set to - 2/3rds. It rotates
a bit too easily and may have just slipped when taking down the
equipment. When I see the Provia F slides from an OM-2S, I'll know how
off it was.

<< Too bad you didn't have hardly any equipment to use for the shoot
(just OM4, two OM2S, Bronica ETRSi--that tallies to only one camera for
each hand for two people--equipment poor in anybody's book). Probably
should consider adding a couple of Xpans to your next fireworks shoot,
eh? >>

Last minute decision not to shoot 4x5" with a 150mm lens - which would
have been four cameras for me alone. Too bad, since it probably would
have been a keeper. But four cameras for two folks for a 10 minute show
is all that one can reasonably handle, esp. in a crowd. The remote cords
made shooting easier, though. I even forgot to bracket anything. But
there maybe a repeat show in 2002.

Those in California who tried to drive back on the 1st got caught in
ave. 30 mph traffic the whole way back to LA. Many ended up with a 10
hour drive.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV