Re: [OM] Question about Exakta/Samyang Lenses for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Question about Exakta/Samyang Lenses for OM
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:56:00 -0500
I lean actually toward the other end of the coin. A dealer I worked with
mentioned that they have a substantially higher profit margin on the 19-35, as
it was less expensive to build and has a wider aperature change that becomes
unpredictable for accurate flash exposure. The 18-28 Samyang (Exacta/Phoenix)
lens is very high quality, and solidly constructed in metal, and only has a 1/3
variance in f-stop throughout its zoom range. VERY sharp images, and little
distortion. I paid only $90 for mine including shipping off eBay, and they went
for about $139 new, so anywhere in the lower $100 range is a good deal.

I find also, that it matches well with my 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5 Vivitar Series 1
zoom.

Larry