Re: [OM] OM-3 cold weather etc...

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3 cold weather etc...
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 00:14:42 EST
-wanted to add my experiences.
Last  Spring I took an OM 4, OM 3 and a Contax G2 to Nepal and into cold
weather/elevation where no batteries for many, many miles (even though I took
a ton) could be bought.
To my amazement-the Contax G2 and its lithium batteries needed one change at
the very end of a 2 week trek while the OM 4 and OM 3 needed numerous
changings.
My bodies (and body : ) were probably in full drain mode, ofcourse.
I kept the battereis in my sleeping bag as well.
A camera that takes lithium is my choice for cold weather-ofcourse the
comfort of the mechanical OM3 and OM 1 are also ultimate insurance.
Maybe a  new OM 3n?? : ) - lithium powered -cold weather body with newly
added self timer/mirror lockup with a "few" new Zuiko titanium lenses..(ala
Leica)
In Zuiko traddition- a 550mm f4 and a 750mm f5 to add on to the wacky 250-350
series.
John R