Re: (Fwd) RE: [OM] WTB: OM G

Subject: Re: (Fwd) RE: [OM] WTB: OM G
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 23:11:09 -0800 (PST)
John Hudson wrote:
This is a pretty amazing group of people on this list. Offers to ship
cameras around the continent and the world for a look see with either a
request for return of same or money to pay. I know people first hand to
whom I wouldn't send a used ratty lens cap for a look see with an
option
to return or pay. It's very heartening to think that honesty and decent
behaviour are alive and well in at least one place on our planet Earth.
John, I find your remark surprising, this being an international list:
which particular place on your planet did you have in mind? Can't be
Jakarta, for sure! For example, a few days ago a "place of
entertainment" in Kali Jodoh, West Jakarta (red light district, not
known for either honesty or decent behaviour) was raided by three armed
men. Police are requesting members of the public who may have seen any
three armed men in the area to come forward. ;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray