Re: [OM] vivitar lens series ID

Subject: Re: [OM] vivitar lens series ID
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 06:45:58 EST
litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I happen to have both a zuiko F 3.6  and F 4.0 35-70 zoom. What advantage
 does the F 3.6 version have over the F 4.0 apart from being a slightly
 brighter lens?

I own neither of those, I have the F 3.5-4.5 version. You'd have to check
Gary's lens tests to see any difference. I think they're both fine as long as
it's not the new plastic lens that comes with the OM2000. You'll probably
never notice the difference in brightness if there is any real difference.

>> Re Vivitar: I just saw a 28-105 F 3.5-4.5 with macro (new old stock) at a
    local store for USD 120.00. I cannot recall now if its a series 1.

  Is it worth buying at that price? Its big and heavy as it has a 72 mm
 diameter barrel.

If it is a Series 1 the price is certainly OK. If it isn't, I wouldn't buy
it. But yes, it is big and heavy. I'd advise you to get to know the Zuiko
lens line more. Once you get familiar with the small, light ease of use and
fine image quality, you may not even consider another brand.

Best,
George S.