[OM] Can I join the Doris Fang bargain hunters club?

Subject: [OM] Can I join the Doris Fang bargain hunters club?
From: François Rossi <f.rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:32:13 -0000
Hi all,

Reading an ad in a French paper for, I quote, "OM-2n in excellent cosmetic
condition but auto position not working. My local camera shop tells me that
the circuitry cannot be repaired by Olympus France as the part is no longer
available. So I'm selling this camera to someone who needs spares or who is
happy to use it in manual mode.". I rang the guy and bought the camera for
200F (roughly $30) thinking that it wasn't bad for a camera in supposedly
excellent cosmetic condition that I could use for spares.

I found the camera coming home last night and yes, it is as described, with
hardly any paint missing on the back. So I checked it straight away and
there was no needle in manual nor auto mode. I checked the batteries but
there was no red light so I opened the battery cover. Two batteries had been
installed BUT the wrong way round! So I turned them over, refitted the cover
and bingo, everything is working fine, manual, auto and TTL tried with a T20
(flash blinking in the finder after shot).

So as you can imagine, I'm feeling that Santa came after all, only delayed
by a few days.

Now for the crunch bit, can I join the Doris Fang bargain hunters club?

Francois