[OM] No more benefit of the doubt

Subject: [OM] No more benefit of the doubt
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:13:04 -0600
Well, as many of you remember, I had commented that ebay buyer/seller rextex
seemed like a good buyer and that we should not rush to judgment.

Well, I'm rushing to judgment now.  I purchased a 35/2.8 from him.  Here's
the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1202633202&r=0&t=0&sh
owTutorial=0&ed=977084989&indexURL=0&rd=1

>From this, I expected a lens with clear glass, but wear on the aperture
ring.  Did I misread it?

What I got was a lens with lots of scratches on both the front and the rear
elements and lots of dust, including black flakes, in the lens.

I wrote him a  note and am waiting for his reply.  Luckily it was only a $40
lens, not something bigger.  There is no way he could have missed this if he
even looked at the lens.

Buyer beware.

Tom