Re: [OM] No more benefit of the doubt

Subject: Re: [OM] No more benefit of the doubt
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 19:37:08 EST
Tom Scales wrote of e-Bay seller "Rextex":

>Well, I'm rushing to judgment now.

(after receiving a 35mm lens with scratches on both front & rear, dust, etc.)

Well list members, I received yet another e-mail from the gal who purchased
an OM-2s from Rextex.  She returned it to him for a refund as it arrived with
the mirror broken in 3 places, among other things (I think the shutter button
was broken, too).  She says that so far, Rex has ignored/failed to respond to
two e-mails from her, and she KNOWS he's received it back (has Postal Service
delivery confirmation).  And  she has noticed that he has placed a bunch of
new items up for bid as of 12/31/00.  Now she is wondering what to do.

And as someone else observed (Lex?), "Rextex's" descriptions just sound too
good to be true (my impression, too), and we all know what that means.

As Tom said, BUYER BEWARE!!!

Rich