[OM] RE: Bad experience 35SPn

Subject: [OM] RE: Bad experience 35SPn
From: "Matt Bachofen" <mbachofen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:55:04 -0600
>>Hi Matt:

>>The auction description said in the first line:

<< This camera is being offered in as is condition with no warranties
expressed or implied. >>

I'm afraid that is pretty strong language protecting the seller.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV

I don't disagree that the seller is _protected_.   S/he's just not nice, and
a fraud.  I could put an OM-1 on ebay with a photo of the front of the
camera and write:  appears to work with ease.  When the camera arrives to
the hapless bidder missing a back door, a meter needle and an on/off switch
what is he to do?, the shutter fires!  Leave negative feedback just as I
did.

This seller responded to my email with "If you want I can send you the
insurance receipt and you can file a claim.."  Tiny pieces, presumably the
missing spot meter button, were found in the brown case inside a film
canister.  These did not fall off in transit.  This person knew the camera
was broken, and then offered to send a claim form, as if I would claim that
the USPS were at fault.

I find the Ebay community's feedback system flawed as well.  I get negative
feedback solely because I left negative feedback.  The seller got her money,
and got away with defrauding me.  All I did was complain.

m. bachofen