[OM] T-mount adapter aperture linkage question (astro)

Subject: [OM] T-mount adapter aperture linkage question (astro)
From: "Bill Dennis" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 02:53:20 -0000
Hi,

I have finally got round to getting an OM T-mount adaptor to do some prime
focus photography with my telescope.

The adapter I got is labelled as a "Clubman T2/Olympus OM Mount". It has a
small tab that looks as if it should have mated up with the aperture setting
lever/linkage on the OM4Ti body side of the mount and push it round to the
"wide open" setting. It did not do so, so I bent it slightly so that it
worked (well, this part was relatively cheap!). I could see no other reason
for this tab than to push that lever round.

Can anyone with experience of this confirm whether the T-adapter should be
setting the aperture linkage to the wide open setting in this way? I know
this will make no difference if I intend to use the camera on bulb for long
exposures, but I wanted to do some "moon shots" using the spot metering on
the 4Ti and bracketing around what that gives me. I have read Michael
Covington's excellent astro' book but I cannot see any mention of this issue
and whether it matters.

Thanks if anyone can offer advice on this or point me at an archived
posting.

Best regards,
Bill Dennis, UK
(Long time OM user and lurker on this list)