[OM] Crappy Camera Houses (was Prices of new lens)

Subject: [OM] Crappy Camera Houses (was Prices of new lens)
From: Bill Brooks <nrky@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 21:26:15 -0600
Mark, I second that!!!!

I ended up with my OM-2K because Cambr*dge didn't have
an OM-1(N)(MD) that was worth a cr*p.  Sent back one of each
that were _supposed_ to be exc., and had either major cosmetic
wear, or no-working meters and major funkage --mirror covered
with goo etcetera.  I'd already paid with plastic so was kinda worn down
after having to send the second body back to them saying it was not what
I paid for and let them talk me into the -2K (as they had no more -1's in

stock, and I *needed* a manual OM body

I ended up liking the -2k, but it's no OM-1.

On a happier note,
I finally ended up with a -1MD in a package deal that needs a CLA (meter
seems to be off pretty much 2-3 stops, and foam around pentaprism is
probebly turning to goo as well...oh and the door latch is abit flakey)
But
it looks really clean and doesn't look like it's been dropped --Heads up
John, it's coming at ya real soon!!! >;)  In a lot better condition than
the
2 examples I saw of Cambr*dge

Bill  >; P
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."
*provided ya have a good archival system in place.

<snip>

> that sell new Olympus equipment, Cambridge Camera Exchange and B&H,
both in
> NY.
> The same lens has a very different price, 475$ for CCE and 700$ for
B&H.
> Can someone explain me why? Consider that at B&H a 9 condition used
lens is
> quoted at 475$...

B&H will take your money and ship you the lens.  Cambridge Camera
Exchange
will just take your money :-)  Stay away from Cambridge Camera Exchange,
far far away.........
                                        -mark