Re: R: [OM] shutter speed of om10

Subject: Re: R: [OM] shutter speed of om10
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 23:12:44 -0600
ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << This delay may be just a
>  fraction of a second, or the shutter may stay open for quite a long
>  time, depending on the degree of the problem.  Wind and fire the camera
>  again, and the delay will probably be much shorter, or there may be no
>  delay at all -- just a single "click".
>
>  If you've _got_ to use the camera, try leaving it un-wound until just
>  before taking the photo -- that will reduce the over-exposure, but not
>  eliminate it.  It will need to be overhauled to correct it.
>   >>
> I have one OM-10 that has this problem. I don't use the camera anymore, but
> if I wanted to all I have to do is fire the shutter something like 5 times
> BEFORE I load the film, then load the film and use the camera as normal for
> that shooting day.

This problem is extremely variable -- some cameras will only stick for a
few milliseconds after sitting wound overnight (only a problem at high
speeds, and often only for the first shot or two).  Others will stick
open for several seconds or more after sitting wound for only a few
minutes!  Some folks use their 10's for roll after roll, thinking it's
something _they're_ doing wrong!