Re: [OM] B/W on the Cheep

Subject: Re: [OM] B/W on the Cheep
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 07:16:51 -0700
On 3 Jan 2001, at 23:09, Kelton Rhoads wrote:

> ALTERNATELY, since I'm more interested in the screen as my final
> destination, what would you think of going the bargain color route (say
> costco kodak print film and costco developing, totaling a grand $7 per roll
> or so), and then manipulating the prints in photoshop (stripping away the
> color and adding contrast)? Would that work for on-the-cheap B/W?

I can't comment on the part aout manipulating the prints, but I use
Costco developing all the time and (so far) it's been very good.  I've used
it in four of their stores (Nanaimo, Edmonton, and Winnipeg), and
haven't had any problems.  And, as you say, it's dirt cheap.  Too bad
they no longer sell Kirkland (Agfa) film, though...  while their Kodak is
reasonablyy priced, it's still higher than what Kirkland was.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Chris

---