Re: [OM] Ebay disclosures: [was RE: Bad experience 35SPn

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay disclosures: [was RE: Bad experience 35SPn
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 11:30:33 -0500
I did once file and receive a settlement through Safe Harbor. They did pay up.
It's actually underwritten by Lloyds insurance. This however, was from a deal
where the seller never delivered and was banned from eBay for using bogus
contact info. I think the murkier world of goods received but not as described
would be a far harder row to hoe. Keep in mind eBay gets paid by the seller and
despite their disavowal of any agency relationship, they're naturally biased
toward the seller. One thing, the window for claims is very narrow between the
amount of time eBay allows for contact/shipment and the deadline for claims
after the auction closes. I'm afraid those who have been wrangling for 12 months
over an adjustment are SOL, as far as filing an insurance claim goes...

>>Doesn't eBay claim to offer insurance up to $200 to guard against such
things?  I'm curious if anyone has ever filed an insurance claim.  How difficult
is it to get a settlement?<<