[OM] Zuiko 28mm f/2.8 photos

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 28mm f/2.8 photos
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 04:06:19
A few photos of classics tractors, lovingly maintained in Decatur, Texas. OM-1, Zuiko 28mm f/2.8 (thanks, Gary!), Kodak Royal Gold 100. The light was glorious that December day. Only drawback was a fierce gusting wind that made it impractical to set up the tripod. Most exposures were around 1/250 (wind, no tripod), which compromised my depth of field in some shots.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1005538&a=10757160

A couple of the scans don't do justice to the prints - I need to clean the foggy schmumph off the underside of the scanner glass. It foiled the deep blue skies and tonal range in a couple of images.

If I didn't know better I'd swear these pix had been taken with a Leica or Contax lens...or a Zuiko. ;^) Of the Zuikos I've tried so far (which aren't many - a 21/3.5, 50/1.8 SC and 75-150/4) this 28/2.8 has the best balance of high resolution and contrast without losing tonal range, even with Royal Gold. No polarizer or other filters used.