Re: [OM] 4Ti Oh, Oh - revisited

Subject: Re: [OM] 4Ti Oh, Oh - revisited
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 20:11:05 -0800 (PST)
Mickey Trageser wrote: I wonder if we have an opthomologist,
optomotrist or optician on the list who might have an idea. There has
to be a simple explanation. I suspect either the lens or cornea is
involved. I think if the retina was reflecting, the red would be
showing. Perhaps the inner part of the white of the eye? I can only
guess. Has anyone seen this effect while using the bounce grip?
I can't claim to be an opthomologist, optomotrist or optician but I
*am* an optimist and I wouldn't worry about it ;-) I've seen various
colours reflected from the eyes of animals, such as cats and dogs, that
depended on the angle and intensity of the light source - anything from
red to green to yellow to white. I'm talking here about a hand-held
flashlight, not a flashgun, but I would think the effect would be
similar.

Regards,

=====
Ray