Re: [OM] Examples of the slower lens being the better choice?

Subject: Re: [OM] Examples of the slower lens being the better choice?
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 08:57:07 -0500
>I'm a true proponent of the original OM-1 theory.  Small and light.  I
>almost always prefer the smaller lens to the larger lens.

I'm thinking that the slower lenses were built as "starter" or "amatuer"
lenses, and the faster ones built as "professional". I don't have any really
fast zuiko lenses, mostly because I can't afford them, not because I don't
want them. But, the slow lenses are "good enough" for my use, and certainly
easier to carry around. I do have some faster third party lenses that I
rarely use, except for a Sigma 18mm/f2.8 that I really like, inspite of the
fact that it's performance is not that good.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright