Re: [OM] Examples of the slower lens being the better choice?

Subject: Re: [OM] Examples of the slower lens being the better choice?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:36:49 -0800
 >I'm a true proponent of the original OM-1 theory.  Small and light.  I
almost always prefer the smaller lens to the larger lens.

I'm thinking that the slower lenses were built as "starter" or "amatuer"
lenses, and the faster ones built as "professional". I don't have any really
fast zuiko lenses, mostly because I can't afford them, not because I don't
want them. But, the slow lenses are "good enough" for my use, and certainly
easier to carry around. I do have some faster third party lenses that I
rarely use, except for a Sigma 18mm/f2.8 that I really like, inspite of the
fact that it's performance is not that good.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright

I think that the statements when the OMs came out set the pole a little higher. They said the goal was smaller, lighter, and quality equal to or better than anybody else's lenses. The later lenses were true "push the envelope" lenses many of which have not been bettered by Oly competitors.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA