Re: [OM] [OT] Price haggling

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Price haggling
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 20:01:32 -0500
The point I'm making extends to applying bigotry to the very idea of "haggling".
Also, it is very definately not the case where haggling is seen as a certain one
way here in the states for all situations. A blanket statement like "here
haggling is seen as crude, and without class" In a garage sale,  private ad in
the paper or internet, antique shop, or variousa shows, etc. it is not defined
or
seen as rude or crude. Its  simply the way business is done. But, there are
individuals that apply the 'crude, with no class' opinion even to this. Here, in
a retail store, haggling is generally  not accepted, as in many cases the prices
are set at the main offices, and the salespeople have no control anyway. A
person
trying to haggle here can become a problem.

Larry