Re: [OM] RE:OM] Zuikohobbyism Versus "That Other Ism" [WAS] Did Tom brea

Subject: Re: [OM] RE:OM] Zuikohobbyism Versus "That Other Ism" [WAS] Did Tom break e-Bay?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 07:33:27 +0000 (UTC)
There may not be a cure but.....I am proud to be able to say: "I am a
zuikoholic - but I don't do compulsary OM-shopping any more".

In fact, remember that I was announcing a while back that now I just
needed a good wide-angle, and then I was all set? Remember how you all
taunted me with your "yeah, right"'s? Well, Giles popped in and offered me
a very good wide-angle for a very very good price (IMHO). It's at least 4
months ago, and since then I have not bought anything OM-wise (or
Mamiya-wise - I have a med. format side to cultivate too ;)

I still lust for an OM3Ti and the 350mm, though. I've decided, that any
body failing beyond repair will be replaced with such (yeah right! Like
THAT is likely, considering the quality of the OM-bodies and the OM
repairguys). As for the 350, well....I can just look at how much (or
little, really) I use my 200mm before I notice that it is not justifiable
with yet another purchase in the tele-game.

Actually, I find that my usual setup ( 2x OM2s/p with respectively the
85/2 and the 24/2 mounted - and a truckload of films ) covers about 800f
my 35mm photographic needs (NO, I am NOT giving away the other gear...).

Best regards - and happy millenium to all ;)

--thomas