RE: [OM] 50/2 macro vs. 90/2 macro

Subject: RE: [OM] 50/2 macro vs. 90/2 macro
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 20:02:45 -0600
DB -

A large part, I think most, of the focusing resistance in our lenses has to
do  with the helicoid grease which is there to give that resistance. Maybe
your grease has dried out some, or the lens has been serviced with a
replacement grease of too high a viscosity. Or maybe its just too dang cold
where you are trying to take pictures!

The focusing ring on my 50/2 actually turns  rather easily.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx