[OM] Goodies to good homes

Subject: [OM] Goodies to good homes
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 22:07:27 -0700
Okay, I have a couple of items which are free to a good home.  I have some
stipulations (on the honour system, obviously):

* First, you actually need them and that you're not simply going to turn around
and sell the blessed things on eBay (this implies "no dealers," folks); and

* Second, that you pay the postage (and insurance, if you wish) to wherever.
First e-mail (by time and date stamp) in my in-box takes each item.

Okay, here goes.

Item #1: Genuine Olympus leatherette case designed for an OM-series camera,
with a "standard" lens and a Winder 1/Winder 2 mounted.  This is the infamous
item which a Paris, France gentleman sold on eBay within the last year or so
for around $200.00 U.S.  No, you couldn't get that much for it, and no, it's
really not worth that much.  Probably more like $35.00 - $45.00 U.S. or
thereabouts, even considering that it might be relatively rare.  The winning
bidder on that particular auction was, IMNSHO, certifiably insane, and deserved
to be beaten to death for stupidity with a non-functioning Bounce Grip 2.  By
the way, if I'm insulting an active member of the List who just happened to be
the purchaser, send your rants/flames/hate mail/etc. to "/dev/null/."  You Were
Off Your Rocker.

Item #2: Genuine Olympus "ever-ready" case (the kind made out of really,
really, REALLY dark brown leatherette -- looks black under most lighting, to me
at least).

Both these items are in good-to-excellent condition, although since first
responders are getting 'em for free, that's not really all that important, is
it?  ;-)

First come, first served.  All others will be contacted with a standardized
"Sorry, pal" type of boilerplate message.

Ciao, folks.

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/, or
   http://www.enable.org/~gallery/