[OM] Price haggling? OM PC Sold for $ 300!

Subject: [OM] Price haggling? OM PC Sold for $ 300!
From: "JUANITA M. ALMEDA" <litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:34:00 +0800
Thanks Mr Ling for the comments. You may be right, the unpleasant experience
I have had has only been from the tourist camera shops on Nathan. Allow me
to talk shortly about one experience:

Talking of OM zuikaholicism... The only OM camera body I bought was an OM 40
(PC) in 1997 from a shop called: Trust Camera and Video Supplies. For a long
time I had been eyeing the camera as it looked like old new stock. Oh, the
perils of Zuikhoaholicsm...I was much less knowledgable then and was
intriqued on seeing for the first time the "Program"mode. Hmmm I thought
that the damn computer mode would make miracles in photography.!

At that time I would visit HK a 2-3 times a year on business and found
myself looking at that same camera for three times (a year then) before
finally succumbing on April 29, 1997. Each time a looked at it I wondered
why if the rest of the camera looked new, the bottom plate did have
scratches. The ready answer of course was "its been held and touched too
many times by many customers....

That craft salesman must've by then smelled a gullible OM addict. To make a
long story short I walked away from the store paying USD 300.00!!! Now I
realize what a fool I was... To think I could have an OM 4t for that
money...To add insult to injury, they never mailed me a copy of the manual
they said they had misplaced.

Even then, another store was selling  a new old stock OM 10 for about USD
200!

Charge to experince as we would say...

Next time Mr Ling you might help by suggesting what shops to go for camera
stuff?