Re: [OM] Zuiko 200/4 Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 200/4 Lens
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 14:50:16 EST
In a message dated 1/7/01 11:29:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Their "asking" price is CDN$175.00 (US$117.00) but I can get it for
>  CDN$125.00 (US$84.00) if I really want it.

Chris, since I was just visiting Skip Williams site to look at 50mm prices, I
looked up the 200/4.

Over 44 auctions, he shows a lo, hi, av., and std. deviation of $76, $233,
$139, and $31, U.S., respectively.  So $84 U.S. would be a steal, it seems.
How can you go wrong at that price?

I have one, and use it some (sometimes with the Vivitar 2X), but am still too
much an amateur to comment on bokah, contrast, etc. (hell, I didn't even know
what bokah was a week ago!).  I'm just now starting to give serious
consideration to anything beyond depth of field and focus in my shots.  I
have a Vivitar 70 -210, but usually put the 200/4 on when I'm up to that
range, just because.  But have never really tested them head to head.  Sounds
like a good excuse to go out and shoot up some film.

Rich

P.S.  Politicians are the same the world over, it seems.

P.P.S.  Just BUY it!!!  You KNOW you really want it!