Re: [OM] 50mm Lens Versions

Subject: Re: [OM] 50mm Lens Versions
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:30:23 EST
pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<snip>
> Those labeled MC (and didn't ever get a ID ring replaced with one just
>  saying Zuiko, like due to a repair) are the intermediate version, with
>  serial numbers from 1,000,000 to something under 1,100,000. They only
>  have an element or two multicoated. I like to call them MC1 The
>  performance appears to be a significant improvement from the silver
>  nosed ones with serial numbers below 1,000,000. We call those SC. The
>  last version with all multicoated elements is the best of the lot. I
>  like to call them MC2.

Thanks for the info., Gary.  I guess that makes the OM-2s I got from Rextex a
better deal, since it came with a spotless 50mm f/1.8 with a high serial
number (which you refer to as an "MC2").

I'll keep the old "SC" 50 that came with my OM-1MD, if for no other reason
than sentiment.  Someday, some young family member will enjoy comparing it to
the latest plastic release.

Rich