Re: [OM] iS-3/iS-3000 minimum focus

Subject: Re: [OM] iS-3/iS-3000 minimum focus
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:32:38 +0100
: Anyone know the minimum focus range at 180mm on the iS-3/iS-3000?  I've
: found data for the closest possible minimum focus, but this isn't
: necessarily at the longest focal length.

It is. Oly specs say it's 1.20m but if you actually measure it from the film
plane and the camera on focusing rail it is more like 1.15m for all focal
lengths. In the macro mode where the zoom range is restricted to 35-120m the
distance is 0.60 according to Oly specs; I measure 0.58m.

: I know the minimum focus distance on the iS-2 is considerably longer at
: 135mm (its maximum focal length) than at 35-100mm.

Only in its zoom macro mode.

hnz