Re: [OM] Will high-capacity batteries harm my flash?

Subject: Re: [OM] Will high-capacity batteries harm my flash?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 00:30:09 +0800
I always used Ni-cd for A11, since the power of the flash is not high,
should not have much heating problem. I did burn the output transformer of
T32 by continue discharge it at full power just right after it change up (in
around 7 seconds interval), it was ten years ago, as an electronics engineer
I should know it will harm the flash, but just not through about it before
trying to check a set of Ni-cd can provide how many full power discharges.
The initial charging current of T32 is very high, over three Amps, if there
is not enough time for the parts to cool down, the heat build up will damage
the components.

C.H.Ling