Re: [OM] Now we're speaking Yiddish?

Subject: Re: [OM] Now we're speaking Yiddish?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 18:45:06 -0800 (PST)
Simon Evans wrote:

>Llanfairpwllgwyngilgogerichwyndrobilllantisiliogogogoch - nmae of a
>vilage in Anglesey, North Wales. (You Welshman out there are invited
>correct my spelling) :-)

You, er... no, I won't bother. My parents lived there until recently.
It is an unremarkable village but suffers coachloads of tourists
driving down to see the railway station and the accompanying 'tourist
trap' shop. The coast and beaches of Anglesey are a different story - I
have spent many an hour happily exploring the Anglesey coastline.
You missed it, Simon: I spelled "name" wrong!  ;-} Incidentally, I
believe the sign on the station platform now just says "Llanfair P.G.".
Pity!

Regards,

=====
Ray