Re: [OM] film death watch

Subject: Re: [OM] film death watch
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 18:20:59 -0800
Chris O'Neill wrote:

And, going pro-digital is *still* quite expensive, so it's not likely alot of
 poor freelancers are gonna switch all that soon.  But, I suppose if "the
 company" is paying the freight, most photojournalists would switch.

 Chris
 Not a photojournalist, so just shooting my mouth off...  again!  :-)

Going digital for most photogournalist can save cost, they are the one
who shoot hundreds of rolls a week. The current digital equipment is
not that expensive a 2-3M pixel DC is good for newspaper printing,
like the Fuji S1, it only cost around $3000, add $1000 more you get a
few 128M RAM cards to go.

C.H.Ling

You may be right. For an equivalent quality image, perhaps you select a $200 point and shoot. By the time you have shot $3800 worth of film, maybe 700 rolls, you are going to start losing money. :-)

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California