Re: [OM] film death watch

Subject: Re: [OM] film death watch
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 21:42:17 -0800
At 11:04 PM 1/8/01 -0600, Charles Packard wrote:
>We have all to some extent or another have been conditioned into believing
that
>newer is better. And in the past few decades conditioned into believing
(by forced
>acceptance mostly) that nothing lasts for more than a few years?
>Ours is a disposable society where profit is the game, durability is lame.

Charles,

One of the big volume processors up here, London Drugs, just recently (2-3
months ago) changed from the old Fuji processors to a new generation. While
I don't get a lot done there, in the past the results have been consistent
and reasonable quality. About a month after the new gear was in place I had
some work done that was truly atrocious - and the local store manager
refused to acknowledge same. In due course the President of the company and
I had a long chat where he finally admitted that the new equipment had some
major bugs and Fuji were trying to sort them out. Haven't been back since.
Seems only the "serious photogs" were squaking about the results.

Barry H