Re: [OM] Quartz recorddata

Subject: Re: [OM] Quartz recorddata
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 08:44:53 -0700
On 9 Jan 2001, at 6:33, Clendon Gibson wrote:

> What is a Quartz recorddata back? Is this a digital
> back?

Yup, that's it!  It records the date, time, and other info on the film.
Here's the URL for more info:

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-
sif/phototechnicalgroup.htm

> I have been wanting to find out more about digital
> backs, and maybe get one for my OM2n. Any suggestions
> on where to read up on them?

One hint...  You need a Recordata back 3 or 4.  The 3 will be cheaper
and easier to find.  You DON'T need the synch cord, so don't worry if
you're purchasing a 3 and it doesn't come with it.  Also, DON'T waste
your money on the Recordata backs 1 and 2....  the year only goes up
to 1984 for the 1, and 1998 for the 2, so they're pretty useless.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Chris

---