Re: [OM] FILM -> DIGITAL

Subject: Re: [OM] FILM -> DIGITAL
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 14:55:09 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 09 Jan 2001 12:40:11 -0800, bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I've done some work with the local paper here and they still definitely use
>film. Processing is no longer "in house" they have a local 1 hr processor
>do it. Negs are scanned, corrected and then used in the paper.

All the local papers I submit to are still film based, and none of
them are scanning negs yet. I either deliver 4X6 prints from the
Wal-Mart, or develop and scan negs myself and deliver diskettes. To
date, only one of them can work with e-mail submissions, so I think
we're a ways off from full blown digital papers.

BB
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co/Bean Farms                http://www.beancotton.com