Re: [OM] film death watch

Subject: Re: [OM] film death watch
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 22:29:46 GMT
John A. Lind wrote:

>Alas, what will likely get lost from this are historic archives.  Not all
>newsprint photos are worth archiving, but there are some that have gained
>immensely in historical importantance over the years; they visually convey
>what it would take a book to describe (more than a thousand words).

This very point was made in an article I read before Christmas, which I
relayed to the list with the suggestion to photograph one's nearest and
dearest on film. All I can add is: don't stop now Christmas is over.

I just hope there is a usefully varied range of films available to us
diehard film users for a good while. You can help the cause by buying some
and using it ;-)

Simon E.