Re: [OM] Death of Film - Not!

Subject: Re: [OM] Death of Film - Not!
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:42:58 +0000
At 21:50 1/9/01, Lex observed:
Maybe this thread should be retitled "Dearth of Film - Not!"

Even Kodachrome 64 persists, rather like a dandelion - every time I think a store's quit carrying it, the stuff reappears.

That's 'cause diehards like me ask where their Kodachrome 64 is. If they don't have it we launch into a long harangue about how it's the only chrome worth using!

Actually, a firm either hired or owned by Kodak goes around and stocks major discount department store shelves with their film. Seems lately they've been trying to stock twice as much ISO 200 as the ISO 64, thinking the K-14 diehards have the same P&S equipment and mind set of the average consumer. NOT! The pegs are always overflowing the ISO 200 and nearly empty of the ISO 64. You'd think they would learn from this . . . but they don't!

-- John