[OM] 85mm f/2 and other stuff

Subject: [OM] 85mm f/2 and other stuff
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:07:07 EST
I just got a really nice 85 f/2 MC on E bay.  The guy works for the Tonight
Show and he sent a lens pouch for it that has THE TONIGHT SHOW embossed into
the leather, with brass grommets at the top for the draw strings.  He says
only 200 were made.  So a neat little bag to carry my latest treasure in.  I
can't wait to try it out in the light of all of the conversation about it
recently.

Re processing labs.  The recent photo gag I sent to the list of the Furby was
shot on Portra 800.  I shot the bulk of the roll of family at Christmas and
so on, but the Furby was a last minute lark.  I had the film processed at a
local pro lab as they have the correct printing channels for this film.  The
results are gorgeous.  The film is wonderfully contrasty and the colors are
rich and saturated.  But the flesh tones on my 9 mo old grand daughter are
most striking.  A child is naturally beautiful, but this film is just great
with both infants and adults.  Shadow detail was good and all in all it
exceeded my expectations.  If you folks are interested in a fast film for
available light shooting, give this film a try.  For you techies, Kodak has a
site that goes into great detail, i.e.
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/e2528/e2528.shtml

I'd be interested in comments from those in the group who have tried Portra.

Dave Dougherty