[OM] Long rear lens cap

Subject: [OM] Long rear lens cap
From: Eric Pederson <epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:28:20 -0800 (PST)
I would like to try using a (reversed) Zuiko 50mm 1.8 lens as a focusing
loupe for my LF camera. I need to have something to fix the distance from
the ground glass and to protect this glass from scratches while bumping
around under the dark cloth. An obvious candidate is to cut a hole in a
rear lens cap, but the standard Olympus rear lens cap only gives enough
distance for about 2-3x magnification. How much more could I expect if I
could find a longer rear lens cap for one of the lenses with protruding
rear elements?  (Ideally 4-5x)

Related question: of course, before I buy a new one just to cut a hole in
it, does anyone one have a beater long rear lens cap available for
surgery? (Or has anyone tried this already?)

Eric Pederson
epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no "n" in "epederso")
Professional home page:
        http://logos.uoregon.edu/uoling/faculty/pederson/pederson.html