Re: [OM] [OT] Ah, chocolate...

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Ah, chocolate...
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:03:19 -0700
At 03:15 PM 1/10/01 -0500, les clark wrote:

[snip]

Though some chocolate comes from Brazil, they export it for extra income. There are some seven grades.
Only the last and least desirable is left for domestic consumption.

Actually, Les, there are some two *hundred* grades of chocolate world-wide (I know this because I used to date a young lady who worked for Bernard Callebaut chocolateries here in Canada). Bernard Callebaut, who came to Alberta from Belgium in the early 1980s, and whose family had been making Belgian chocolates for five generations, uses only Grade #1. YUM. Not very sweet (reagrdless of the "darkness" of the chocolate), and with extra cocoa butter. Damn, they're good. A female friend of mine refers to 'em as "orgasms in a box."

One Christmas, B.C. had shipped an extra carton of a chocolate known as "Hexad" (dark chocolate, hazelnut/chocolate cream filling, oh baby) to the south-side Edmonton store from his head office and chocolaterie in Calgary, and the proprietor asked me if I wanted it. He charged me $20.00 for the box, which was approximately 2.5 kgs of the stuff, and worth (at the time) about $200.00. It was virtually all I ate for the next week -- never got sick of the stuff!

OM content: yeah, I'm sure I chanted "OM" a few times whilst savouring those delectables. ;-)

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/