Re: [OM] Tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:52:20 +0000
I'm going to take you at your word that weight is no object. If it's rock solidity you want, then look at the heads designed for MF and LF cameras, and put it on a tripod that is also designed for it. I've got a combination of tripod legs and head that will easily hold a 645 or 6x6 MF body/lens. The OM bodies/lenses do _not_ move when mounted on it, even when using the 300/4.5 with 2X-A for an effective 600mm.

In the Bogen, look at nothing lower in capacity than 3021 legs and 3410 head. Even sturdier are the 3036 legs and one of the gear heads.

-- John

At 13:48 1/10/01, Bill Barber asked:
Given that I only shoot with Olympus OM cameras this must be Olympus content.
I need a new (or used) primary tripod and head and would like to find
something that will hold my camera and a 400 mm or 500 mm lens "rock solid".
I would prefer something which does weigh a ton.  I've tried some cheaper
ones and probably should have saved my money (although I did learn what
doesn't work).  Any suggestions about specific makes and models would be
appreciated.  I may have some cheap tripods for sale "cheap" in the future
and I promise not to post them to the list. Bill Barber