RE: [OM] Battery Nomenclature

Subject: RE: [OM] Battery Nomenclature
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:35:09 -0600
There is a minor difference between 357 and MS76 cells. The MS76 has about a
10 0gher total capacity, but the 357 has lower internal resistance and so
a 50 0gher instantaneous current capacity.

Since the battery in our OMs usually becomes inadequate during a high drain
episode, the 357 should give longer life.

However, if you are using an OM1 converted to use silver cells, the  MS76
might last 100nger than the 357, simply because in this application
current drain is  very, very low and total capacity becomes more important
to battery life.

This is based on information from Duracell.

I don't know where the other equivalents fit into this  spectrum.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx