Re: [OM] Tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods
From: William Biesele <william@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 22:48:51 -0700
Light weight: Carbon fiber, light 35mm SLR (olympus) and light tripod,
and the finish on the Bogen looks good with the Ti series bodies. But
I'm not convinced it is as solid as traditional materials; even the
instructions mention hanging your camera bag on it to steady the unit.
The Bogen unit has some innovative ideas. The center post is optional,
the head can be mounted on the tripod without the center post. Or the
center post can be mounted horizontally instead of vertically.

I don't have any lenses longer than 300mm so I don't know if the Bogen
unit and head is sturdy enough for your needs.

Rock solid: Use a rock and a bean bag.

Does anyone know a good source for beanbags? I'd like to give this a
try.

Bill Biesele